Wednesday, May 19, 2010

One hand woman!

I have been getting used to getting dressed feet first. I cannot lift my right arm above my boob (this is an improvement since in the beginning I couldn't lift my arm at all.) I managed to wiggle, with Marty's help into a long sleeved tee shirt this morning, only to discover that it was actually too hot for long sleeves. I had to bug him again (thank God he works from home alot) to help me wiggle out of the shirt. I chose another tank top from my drawer that looked stretchy enough to pull up feet first. I got it almost all the way on and then, I got stuck!!! Marty, sighed, as I interrupted him once again, and helped my arms slide into the straps. It was a tight squeeze, I am pretty sure I am going to have to have him to cut this one off...how many tops must be sacrificed?

I had a shower by myself yesterday for the first time since the accident. Have you tried to shampoo your hair with one hand? Your left hand??? Once I finally managed to squeeze the liquid out of the bottle, I had a little puddle of it in the palm of my hand. All I could do, was tip my hand over on top of my head which just created a puddle of shapoo on the very top of my head. I did the best I could to smear the soap through all of my hair, it's hard to get the long part, but I think I managed.....

I cant' stand the bangs in my eyes or my hair on my neck right now, especially because it is not curled or anything. I have tried to work the curling iron with my left hand but I just end up with weird kinks and burnt cheeks....while my hair was wet, I grabbed my bangs in my left hand, twisted them and hoped it would hold long enough for me to pry apart a bobby pin with one hand and stick it into the wet, twisted bangs. I did the same with my long hair. I twisted it, tipped my head forward so the wet hair would balance the nape of my neck while I grabbed a clip and quickly tried to squeeze as much hair as possible into that clip....I know, Iknow, you are thinking, why the hell are you trying to do your hair???? I just can't stand the feel of it on my shoulders and neck right now and, yes, I am that vain. I can't just sit around feeling gross. I have also been painting my eyebrows on with my left hand, also an interesting event....

No comments: