Monday, February 16, 2009

LE CHOCOLAT!!!

Marty and I met in February a couple of years ago. Valentine's day came at an awkward time in our very new relationship. We'd been together long enough that I felt like I wanted to aknowledge it, but not long enough to really "invest" in it. I decided chocolate covered strawberries were a yummy, safe aknowledgement of Valentine's day. Every year since then I have dipped fresh strawberries in melted chocolate! It has become a delicious tradition!
This year Marty's folks were going to a conference in Banff over Valentine's and they invited us to spend the weekend with them in the mountain condo they were going to be staying in. The condo was pet friendly, so Saturday morning, Marty, Scout and I packed up and headed to Banff. Among the things we packed were the chocolate covered strawberries I had made. This year, I got fancy and dipped the berries in both white and milk chocolate, making them look like they were wearing tuxedos. ADORABLE!!!! Late in the afternoon of Feb 14th, Marty's folks presented us with an expensive bottle of champagne in honour of our engagement (this was the first time we'd seen them since the event.) I busted out the tuxedo berries and the four of us celebrated Valentine's day the perfect way, with chocolate, champagne and people we love!! Here's hoping you got to celebrate much the same way!

No comments: