Monday, August 18, 2008

OTTO TIT SLING




I have been thinking a lot about bras lately, mostly because today, I am not wearing one. This is actually not really out of the norm for me. I quite often let the girls "swing free." I guess it is because, in a way, I am blessed with boobs that aren't so big that they require a bra to stay "contained" and they aren't so small that I need a bra to help the create the illusion that I actually have some! A few years ago they came out with the "shelf bra," you know, the one that is basically built into many fashionable tops these days. On days like today, wearing a bra is just hot, and it is nice to allow the "boob sweat" a "free flow channel" so that it can drain all the way down my torso into my belly button without creating a pool between my boobs where my bra would stop it. Somehow a puddle in my belly button is just that much more comfortable!
Like I said, I can pull off the "no bra" thing pretty good, especially if I am just kicking around home, hell I even rode mom's horse at a lope this afternoon in a tube top with nothing to strap these babies down! I am not saying it was pretty, but I did it and neither mom nor Maverick had anything rude to say about it! In all honesty, I actually forgot about being braless when my sister came over and asked me if I wanted to go to town with her to run a few errands. I jumped in the truck and we headed to Totem where we bought some plywood. After that we hit up Extreme Pita for some supper and ended the errands with a stop at the grocery store. We had to get butter and milk and as I walked down the "freezer isle" I suddenly became very conscious of the fact that I had no bra on. My nipples were hard as rocks from the cold and I could tell, without looking down that they were sticking strait out through my top, like sharp blades of glass taped to my tits, embarrassing!!!!!!!
I remember that I used to be super self conscious about my nipples showing through my shirt, even when I did wear a bra. I went on this date once in high school and I had this really cool white blouse I wanted to wear , (that's right, I wanted to wear a blouse on a date!) Anyway, it was kind of a sheer blouse, so I was worried about my nipples showing. In order to insure that they stayed hidden I put band-aids over them, then put on my bra then my blouse. We had a great time on our date and on the way home, my date parked his car at a romantic spot and started to talk about how beautiful the stars were. I knew exactly where this was going. We were going to "make out" and then he might try to stick his hand up my shirt, and then....then he was going to find the band-aids and think I was weird! Ahhh, I had to think quick, so I pretended to drop all of the contents of my purse on the floor and while he was bent over picking stuff up, I ripped the bandaids off my nipples and stuck them to the bottom of the seat! To this day, I wonder whether or not he ever found those band-aids!
As a small breasted woman, I love all of the new "bra" technology out there. Remember the "aqua bra," it had inserts in the cups that were filled with water, they looked, and felt real. I've heard that those inserts are called "chicken cutlets" and that now days, you can get them filled with water, or air or even gel! You can get the inserts built right into the bras, or you can buy them seperately and put them in yourself! You can get bras that "triple click" so that you can "click" your boobs together as close as you want, depending on the type of cleavage you are hoping to achieve. And how about sports bras? Is there anything more awkward to put on, I mean, I understand they need to be tight to keep everything "in place," but seriously! Have you ever tried to put one on after you've showered or been sweating? Your body is sticky and slimy, your hands are up in the air so that you can pull it over your head and by the time you get this spandex slid down around your neck it is so twisted and wound around itself, it is impossible to move! You stand there with your arms wedged up between your ears, your boobs are squished, hanging out the bottom of the part you did manage to get down. You gotta struggle to bend at the elbows so that you can pull the damn thing the rest of the way down. By the time you get it on and your breasts tucked back under the elastic bottom of the thing you feel like you've already had a workout! Hey, if you wear a bra, you know what I am talking about!
Remember the movie Beaches? Well Bette Middler sang a great song about the guy who invented bras, it is really funny and I still know almost all of the words to it by heart. I found the clip of it on Youtube and I have included the web address. If you have time check it out, and have a laugh! Oh and the pictures are: of me enjoying 2 of the many options of bras that are available to women today,) one of me wearing a bikini top under my tank top as a bra, (they actually put chicken cutlets into bikinis now too, )and one of me wearing a strapless bra (with an air filled chicken cutlet in it,) under my tube top (did ya really think I 'd post pictures of my actual boobs???? Ha ha!)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqxWhBZXF8Q

1 comment:

MaryM said...

How absolutely true, funny and "uplifting"!!!! You are a riot! Your G-ma Mimi heartily subscribes to the bra-less experience... and she never even gives a heck about the nipple thing! You two must be soul mates!