Monday, August 9, 2010

CABLE GUY



Okay ladies, how many of you out there know how to hook up your own TV, cable and stereo?? I am not talking about your 80's ghetto blaster that you just plug into the wall, I am talking stereo and TV system. Entertainment center, is what we'll call it. How many of you girls can hook all that up so that the sound pumps perfectly through your whole house, through all the power speakers, sub woofers, suround sound and ceiling speakers?? If you can, I am impressed! I tip my hat to you and I secretly wish I were you.....
Marty and I have recently moved to our new home and I am itching to get really settled in. Thing is, I can't do much more "settling" without Marty's help. I can't hang the pictures without him (he is the perfectionist, aka, measuring tape obsessed one in the relationship,) I can't move the furniture around by myself, He is also the muscles in the relationship, and I certainly can't hook up all the entertainment stuff, he is the techno geek of the two of us. Yeesh, as I write this, it leaves me wondering what exactly I bring to the table. Hmmm......
Anyway, lastnight, thanks to a fantastic opportunity provided by KIJIJI, we bought some furniture, including a TV stand for our new living room. I couldn't wait to get it all set up and organized, but ofcorse I had to wait for Marty to be ready. He BBQ'd himself a juicy pork chop, roasted some corn and sat down to enjoy his dinner. Me? I was chomping at the bit, way too excited to take time to enjoy my perfectly cooked pork. I sooo would have set it all up by myself if I could have, but I am more of the cheering squad, moral support and general labourer and golpher when it comes to those kinds of projects.
When he was ready, we moved the TV stand into place then I sat, patiently on the couch while he re hooked up all the cables and speakers before we could move the rest of the furniture. It amazed me how he just knows how to do these things....why don't I? He also spent the weekend building shelves in the garage and hanging hooks to hang our bikes and snowboards from. Again, he just knows how to do all that! I am amazed and happy to have someone so handy living under the same roof as me! Now all I gotta do is figure outwhat I can do to earn my keep around here......



Our new rustic, country bar


Our new TV stand

1 comment:

Country Girl said...

Dude, you bring the baking to the relationship. lol