Sunday, October 25, 2009

HAMBURGERS AND FRENCH FRIES

 Ever since I can remember I have had hamburgers and french fries, apple pie and ice cream for dinner on October 25th.  It's Dad's birthday dinner and though Dad, bless his soul, has been gone for 10 years, we continue the tradition, in his memory! 
Every year for Dad's birthday we'd eat, Dad's homemade burgers and homemade fries followed by Mom's homemade apple pie topped with vanilla ice cream. Delicious!  After Dad passed away, the four of us swore we would remember Dad on his birthday by eating his favorite birthday meal.  No matter where in the world we were or who we were with we've all remembered Dad as we gobbled greasy burgers.
I have enjoyed burgers and fries on October 25th, by myself and with good friends. I have enjoyed restaurant burgers, fast food burgers and homemade burgers. I have smeared ketchup on skinny fries, sweet potatoe fries, homemade crinkle cut fries and New York fries. I have enjoyed every mouthful, but not one single bite has compared to the ones I shared sitting across the table from my Dad!
Miss ya Dad!
Love ya Dad!!!
Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

Seeker said...

We've been doing the burger and fries thing for 10 years... and this is the first I've heard the rest of the story. Hey, MM, Paula and Mimi, did you hear THAT: Apple Pie and Ice Cream!! I can't wait until next year. Happy Birthday, big brother.