Thursday, October 23, 2008

VEGGIES!


We took Scout to the Vet today for her second round of shots. The Vet is within walking distance of our house, so we walked Scout there. She was an angel the whole time at the Vet's. She weighed in at 7.9kg which Marty said is almost 20lbs! I can't believe how much she has grown in the three weeks we've had her! The vet said he doesn't think she is a pure bred boxer, which didn't surprise us. He thought she might be crossed with a border collie, which he said is beneficial. He said boxers are prone to eye problems and tumors, so here's hoping she has collie eyes and skin....He also told us that we can give Scout carrotts (the baby carrotts) as treats. He said they are healthier (duh) and that dogs love them! I was skeptical, but couldn't wait to come home and check it out. I got a carrott, asked her to sit, she did and I gave her the carrott. She took it, layed down on her blanket and spat it out! She stared at it for a while, then she chased it across the floor and it rolled under the fridge. I gave her another one, I am pretty sure she didn't eat it because I heard it rolling into the living room. I have this feeling that one day, should I decide to move furniture while sweeping, I will come across rotten carrotts!!!! Guess puppies prefer "Scoobie Snacks" to carrotts....no surprise, dont we all?

No comments: