Thursday, September 4, 2008

FALL

I love the fall, well I love it when it is actually "fall" and not winter pretending to be fall. Today was one of those perfect, beautiful fall days. It was the kind of day where the weather was fresh and crisp, but the sun was shining so brightly that it wasn't chilly at all. The kind of day that was perfect for riding horses in freshly swathed fields and newly mowed ditches. The kind of day perfect for long walks in the setting sun. The perfect fall day!
Yeah, school has started and I am back at work, but there is something kind of exciting about that too! Fall is great, I love it....except when winter tries to make an early appearance, like it did last weekend, while we were camping in our TENT. We were in a tent because we thought it was still FALL!!! We had brought tarps and down sleeping bags, and mitts and rain pants and boots because fall in Alberta has a habit of getting mixed up with winter and we wanted to be prepared! Prepared to take down our tent in the snow that is, not prepared to actually camp in the snow.
I stayed outside until dark today, enjoying this true taste of fall so I don't have much to write about, except that I am going to bed with a sense of peace and comfort after enjoying the perfect fall evening! G'night!

No comments: