Thursday, October 11, 2012

LAUGH!!


In an effort to distract, Ryder from his meltdown over not being allowed to have another succer, after supper, I started to play tug with Scout with my sock, To my relief, Ryder thought this was hilarious. It only took him a couple of seconds to leave his tears behind in order to join in the fun! Scout was whipping him around the living room like he was a rag doll.  Ryder loved it! He laughed and laughed and laughed. Not just little giggles, but big, belly laughs, the kind that are so contagious Marty and I couldn't help but laugh too.  Well, I laughed while chasing behind them, trying to prevent Ryder's head from bouncing off the coffee table, floor and walls. I tried to get a video, but it was hard to run the camera while keeping a vigilant eye out for sharp corners.....


By the time the game changed to chase, Scout was getting tired of playing, but Ryder could have kept going for hours!!!

This evening of laughter came at the perfect time. I had been feeling rattled all day by the headline in the paper about a Mother, (36 years old, my age) of 2 children under 4 years old, who was killed on her way to a Thanksgiving Family vacation when a boulder on the truck infront of them, came loose, flew through the windshield of her car and killed her...right infront of her family. I stood in the gas station, reading this article bawling for that poor Mom. She will never get to see her boys grow up!! I wept for the children and for her husband. Life is too short!! I know this, but sometimes I forget just how short and precious every moment is!!  Tonight, I laughed with my little boy, with man's best friend and with my husband. Tonight we laughed and I will hold on to that memory and I will make another one tomorrow morning, when I see that chubby, happy little face and get to laugh with him again!!

Kiss your babies, count your blessings and laugh out loud as often as you can!

No comments: