Tuesday, December 14, 2010

THE FLU

So, back in November at my monthly, maternity clinic appointment, the nurses convinced me to get the flu shot. I have never, not once gotten the flu shot.
I am a teacher, and yes, I am surrounded by a lot of germs all day, but because of that I have a pretty good immune system. I manage to escape many colds and flus, thanks to my immune system of steel. Unfortunately, sometimes I can be a carrier of these germs, spreading them to Marty, whose immune system is not built up to conquor the germs brought home from school. He has suffered a few colds thanks to my invisible gift!
Anyway, the nurses convinced me, that it would be best for "mini me" if I got the flu shot, so against my gut instict, I got it, then two days ago, I got the flu!!! I have not had the flu, that I can remember in my adult life and then, this year, the first year I get the flu shot, I get the flu!! Not just any flu, not the shaky, cold, shivering, achy, sore muscle kind of flu, but the puke your guts out in the middle of the night, write sub plans at midnight kind of flu!! Ewwwwwww! Puking might be one of the grossest things ever!!
Puking just makes me want my mom. I don't know why, but I just want her to come, lay me down on the couch with a towel and a bucket, brush my bangs back and just take care of me. Not that Marty didn't take care of me, he did. He inquired if I needed anything after I was done hurling for the second time, he brought me gingerale and rubbed my back. Scout also showed empathy. She was with me, her head in the toilett with mine every time I was there. She layed by the bed the whole day, Monday, while I slept, being very patient and not demanding at all!! But somehow, the only person I really wanted was my mommmmy!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

moms are good like that... you will be one soon!

karen said...

I always want my mommy when I'm sick, too.