Wednesday, June 23, 2010

MEMORIES

It's natural to chose to remember only the good things about people we have loved who are gone, however it is sometimes impossible to forget some of the other memories. With Father's day having come and gone, I have been thinking more and more about my Dad and how much I miss him. How much he would have loved being Grandpa to Max and how much he would have loved helping Marty and I move into our new (to us) house, ha! Anyway, there will always be those times of year, those times in my life when I particularily miss Dad, and all of our happy memories. But this moring, I realized that I kind of miss the irritating things about my Dad too.
I went to get my lunch out of the fridge today and Scout was sitting at my feet. After I had removed my lunch, but before I closed the fridge door, I bent down to give her some love. I stood there petting my dog with the fridge door wide open! This was Dad's pet peeve and still to this day, when I leave the door open for more than a second, I hear inside my head, Dad's voice nagging at me to close the door. This morning, I left it open a little longer, just enjoying the memory of his hollering.
A while backt I sat on the couch and ate an apple next to Marty. I ate the whole apple and Marty said nothing. He did not complain about my "loud chewing" at all. He just watched TV ignoring the fact that I was eating all together. Dad would NOT have sat and ignored my apple eating. He would have complained about me "chewing right in his ear" until I left the room. Apparently he hated the loud sounds of apple eating.

Yep, there are a lot of fun, happy, feel good memories, tones of them, but every once in a while I miss I miss annoying my Dad....and having a Dad to annoy!!!!!

No comments: