Saturday, January 3, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!




HAPPY NEW YEAR!


It is officially 2009, a brand new year! Today is January 3rd, 2009. According to the calendar, a new year has begun, but to me, everything still feels strangely 2008. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea that January 1st could be the beginning of a "fresh start" for everyone, but look around....same puppy hogging the couch, same hot man ruling the TV remote and same squishy ass stuffed into the jeans, everything is the same...it's weird but, I think I'm glad! This year, I'm not looking for a "fresh start." I like things just the way they are. :) I like that Scout is growing so fast she now competes with me for room on the couch next to Marty. I like that Marty still plops himself in the middle of the couch, letting Scout and I rest our heads in his lap, while he watches endless hockey and TSN sports updates. I like my ass, we have been through alot together, so squishy and all, I have grown to love it.
Yep, turns out, I really like things the way they are! For the first time since I can remember, I will not be jumping on the bandwagon of those coming up with great new goals for the year.
My choice not to make a New Years Resolution however, is not a sign of lack of ambition or desire to improve myself. It's just that for the first time in a long time, I am really happy with status quo. This year, I am just gonna soak up "status quo!"
(I posted a photo of Scout looking huge on the couch and a photo of my friends and I just before we headed out to celebrate New Years, the photo was taken Dec.31st, 2008, but today, Jan.3rd, 2009, I look much the same....:)
PS: Nic, the Charlie's Angels pose is just for you....

2 comments:

Nicole and Troy said...

love that your year is starting with so much happiness!

MaryM said...

I am so glad that you are happy, Jen, because you deserve much happiness. Also it's a good thing you like your a**! It's probably the only one your gonna get~

Love ya,
MM