Tuesday, September 20, 2011

6 MONTHS

I cannot believe how lucky I've been. For the last 6 months I have spent every single day with Ryder James Wright. Forget about him becoming a "mama's boy" I know that I have become a "boys mama." I am soo attached to him. I am finding that as his independence increases, I don't know what to do with myself. He is starting to sleep longer and longer at night though I continue to wake up and sneak into his room, just to make sure he doesn't need me. He has just started eating foods other than breast milk, though my boobs continue to fill up and wait for him to need them. (He still nurses, but he doesn't seem to be as desperate as he used to be.) He has mastered sitting, rarely wobbling over backwards, though I continue to hover over him. He has found great conversation with Scout, yes, she talks to him, though I continue to try to decifer the stories I think he's telling me.
Ryder is growing up already...time is going soo fast....I don't want to slow down time, I just want to keep soaking up every second!!!



Ryder. Sept. 20, 2011
His 6 month birthday.

Sept. 20-6months old

I was going to wait for his 6 month birthday to feed Ryder, food, but I got a "Baby Bullet" and got excited. I fed him pureed bananas a week before and yesterday, I tried giving him rice cereal. You should see him, hammer back cereal!!! I am excited, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about him not wanting to nurse anymore...I plan to keep nursing for the full year if Ryder is interested, but we'll see....
Oh, Scout loves to hover VERY close to his face...hoping for a little taste...

Today, Scout and I took Ryder for a "hike" in his new backpack.



Ryder with his best buddy, Scout!!!

1 comment:

Country Girl said...

Bwahahaha! I love it - Scout on maid duty...

I laugh only because I have two sister-in-laws with little ones - you'll breast feed until he gets teeth and starts biting you... lol

Love girl - you're the mama with the bestest!